The compressor is one of the most important components in the refrigerator — its failure paralyzes the whole device. And only an expert with extensive experience and professional tools can fix it.
The compressor is a complex electromechanical device that compresses and pumps refrigerant vapors in the refrigerator. When the vapor is compressed, it condenses and the liquid flows to the evaporator, where it evaporates and absorbs heat from the chambers.
Compressor repair or replacement is more costly than that of other components. The best thing is to prevent it from breaking down in the first place. There are many possible reasons for compressor failure. It is important to diagnose and fix them before replacing the compressor, so the new one will not break.
The main causes of compressor breakdown include:
- Refrigerant leakage (The compressor starts running without stopping and fails.);
- Short circuit in compressor power supply circuit;
- Faulty start relay;
- Thermostat or condenser cooling fan failure;
- Failure of control module (electronic board);
- Power supply voltage surges;
- Improper operation of the refrigerator;
- Clogged or dirty condenser;
- Capillary tube clogged;
- Improper transportation of refrigerator.
Replacing the compressor
- Carefully unsolder the discharge and suction tubes directly at the compressor shroud, and then remove the compressor motor;
- Desolder and remove the desiccant cartridge filter;
- Carefully remove the old solder from the system tubes;
- Blow nitrogen thoroughly through the piping, evaporator and condenser;
- Install the filter and insert the capillary tube;
- Remove all plugs from the new motor-compressor, mate the spigots to the refrigerator system and solder them;
- Carefully check the solder. You can use a mirror in hard-to-reach places;
- Vacuum up to 500 microns;
- Perform a system leak test by pumping nitrogen into the system at 100 psi;
- Charge the system with freon.
Replacing the refrigerator compressor requires special skills and equipment. Trying to do it on your own can lead to costly problems. It is strongly recommended to entrust professionals who will:
- Correctly diagnose the problem;
- Choose a new compressor, if necessary;
- Install the new compressor;
- Fill the system with refrigerant.
You’ll get a warranty and we will fix the malfunction in the shortest time possible. Call us at +1(727)350-9322 or use our online booking system and we will send a technician to your home. Our experts will diagnose the problem and tell you the cost of parts and labor. If you agree to the price, they will repair your appliances. And because we are committed to customer satisfaction, we hope you take the time to leave us a positive review on Yelp or Google!